Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

patrickoliver
Frequent Visitor

User login experience

The user login experience for our users follows one of two patterns:

1. User navigates to the Power BI website, signs in and sees dashboards. Yay!
  2. User navigates to the Power BI website, signs in and briefly sees dashboards before:
    - they are taken to a screen that says 'We know you!'
    - once they click on the 'Sign in' link, they are taken to an 'Amost there' screen.
    - once they click on the 'Start' link, they are taken to an 'Invite more people' screen.
    - once they click on the 'Skip' link, they finally get to see their dashboards (unless they have come in externally to our network, in which case they have to wait while Power BI 'configures').

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which type of login a user experiences. Sometimes a user who normally experiences the second pattern will experience the first pattern but not vice versa.

Anyone got any ideas on how we can resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patrickoliver,

Based on my experience, the second pattern happens when we sign in to Power BI Service first time. If we already signed in before, we will experience the first pattern when we sign in the Power BI Service. So that's why you can't experience the first pattern then second pattern. But you needn't worry about this issue, the result is expected.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem is that many of our users are experiencing the second pattern all the time (or at best intermittently).

Hi @patrickoliver,

Please let the user who has signed in the Power BI service before type this URL: https://powerbi.microsoft.com  in browser then click Sign in to see if the second pattern happens.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The second pattern happens with that URL too. I have found that signing out of Power BI properly seems to reduce the chances of experiencing the second pattern for subsequent log ons but it still happens regularly.

Hi @patrickoliver,

After some research, the second pattern will not happen in my environment if I have signed in use this account before. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support by click Create support ticket at the end of this site.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

OK - will do. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors