cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebbieE Senior Member

User in Apps can they use the filters?

Ive published my reports to an app and Ive been chatting to one of the users of the reports

She kept going to the filters pane wanting to change these filters but I dont really want the user going in here because these filters are set for the reports to work

My question is, can I hide the filters pane from the user so they can only use the slicers within the report

If they did change the filters what would happen? I thought that because they are looking at the report within an App they cant change the report of data?

I want to fully understand this so I dont give my users any misconceptions about what they can and cant do once they are looking at the reports

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: User in Apps can they use the filters?

Hi @DebbieE,

There is no option for use to disable filters in Power BI service. To publish to web may be a work around, However, anyone on the internet will be able to access to the report.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DebbieE,

There is no option for use to disable filters in Power BI service. To publish to web may be a work around, However, anyone on the internet will be able to access to the report.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DebbieE Senior Member

Thats a shame. 

Publishing to the web is not an option. 

If they do mess with the filters does this save? Its a bit frustrating to have to say to them please dont use the filters and stick to the slicers. 

Ive just gone into ideas and found it there

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10319553-hide-filters-for-shared-...

The Admin says this has been available since November as preview but doesnt say how to use it and I cant see it anywhere. If its resolved how can I use this optiion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 780 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: