Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chandrarao
Frequent Visitor

User have licence and cannot login to Power BI

User cannot log in and keep getting an error, it says "Sorry, cannot complete registration. Your IT department deactivated PowerBI."

Please notice, User use Odin for automation, the licenses is not created directly in portal.office.com but he use MOSI (not CSP yet).

Help on resolving this.

365-powerbi-sorry-gd.png365-powerbi-welcome-per.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution:

Below document mentioned, “Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowEmailVerifiedUsers $true”

The working solotion is this: “Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true
Capture.PNG

”How can I allow my existing users to sign up for Power BI?”
( https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organ... )

Thanks

Chandrarao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Chandrarao Sounds like the admin of the tenant has disabled automatic licensing / Power BI. You user needs to contact IT/admin to have a license applied or the restriction removed.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Solution:

Below document mentioned, “Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowEmailVerifiedUsers $true”

The working solotion is this: “Set-MsolCompanySettings -AllowAdHocSubscriptions $true
Capture.PNG

”How can I allow my existing users to sign up for Power BI?”
( https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-administering-power-bi-in-your-organ... )

Thanks

Chandrarao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors