Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matthew_Balch
Frequent Visitor

User Recognition across multiple reports

Hi, 

I have built a multitude of power bi reports within 20+ role centres (by department, division) for my business. Our business has a cross section of divisions and outlets. The reports are built to work across both of these. When doing dashboards etc I've pasted a 'page' from each relevant report with slicers for the user to select their relevant division & outlet at dashboard level. Further, have reports by salesman with varying reports and KPIs.

To make the dashboard experience and reporting better I'd like the reports and dashboards all to recognise the user using them. (This would allow me to extract the key KPIs from each report on a summarised dashboard for them)

How would I got about this?

Thanks

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matthew_Balch ,

Maybe you can view usage metrics report?

Monitor usage metrics for Power BI dashboards and reports 

Or use RLS?

RLS 

Or download and import audit logs as a data source?

Track user activities in Power BI 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

test

third time of writing, 

perhaps my initial question not clear enough,

I'd like reports and dashboards to be automatically set based on the user using them. I have lots of reports and datasets covering a the whole business which are then built into role centres. The business spans across mutliple divisions and locations (depots). (or salesman). The reports and dashboards have been built with slicers / filters so the user can select their name or relevant division / location. Not ideal. Makes dashboards page after page as opposed to doing a summary of the key KPIs from all the different reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors