Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User No Longer Exists

We deployed our Power BI embedded solution in December. We have 3 workspaces (environments) set up and have been doing development for all of 2018 without issue - weekly or biweekly releases.

In January of 2019 we did another release where we published updated pbix reports (same file name, replaced datasets) as always, but now get a message

This dataset has been configured by a user that no longer exists. Would you like to take over the settings?

The user totally does exist, and the reports were published from that user logged in through the Power BI Desktop application (have tried publishing after loggin out and in again successfully as well). Strangely there is no buttone to take over the settings.

If I log in with another account I get the message AND have a button to Take Over. If I do that and log back in with the workspace owner account I also get the Take Over button, but once pressed and perform a log in & out the original message is back again.

Everything appears to be working, but we just launched to production a month ago and I'm concerned something isn't right under the covers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot of the issue while logged in as the owner of the dataset

UserNoLongerExists.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for the delay.

Here is a similar thread which should be a known issue which will be fixed in the two weeks.

By my research, the issue may be caused if the user never get an Exchange license assign (no email address).

Please check if you have the same scenario, if it is, please wait for some time, the problem will be fixed soon.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors