Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codywatson
Regular Visitor

User Can't Be Added to Group

I have added a user to a PowerBI group, and they have signed up to PowerBI through the email invite. Upon logging in, they do not have access to the PowerBI group.

If I look in the group administration panel, I can see that the user's status is still showing that the email invite has been sent. If I attempt to remove the user, using the 'x' next to their name, and press save, the user returns once I open the group administration panel again - in the same invite-only state.

If I remove the user, and re-add them, PowerBI recognizes them and their account, and the user appears to be added successfully. When I press save, the user still returns once I open the group administration panel again - once again in the invite-only state.

In summary: I have invited a user, they have signed up, and yet they cannot access the PowerBI group to which I have added them. I cannot get them to be properly added to the group.

If I remove and re-add the user without saving in between, I get the following error:

Something went wrong.
Couldn't update the group
Activity IDbf732bc3-690e-4562-89b5-2f88f310d424
Request ID33d3f72f-9e19-7556-f6ea-6749942c1366
Status code400
TimeWed Feb 03 2016 10:36:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version13.0.800.375
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

2 REPLIES 2
sweiss

I have this same issue with a couple of our company users. How do I resolve?

MojoGene
Post Patron
Post Patron

I am running into the exact same problem adding members to my organization's group. It has been an enormously frustrating process.

Did you ever find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors