Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mjcuccia
Frequent Visitor

User Access Report

How can I create a report displaying basic user permissions for workspaces, reports, and dashboards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjcuccia, you can get to it via the Admin Portal BUT you have to be an O365 admin to actually be able to see it. The Power BI admin role does not have access to it. Neal Analytics created a nice, easy to read template to view the data (see more here) because it does come out of the O365 portal in a very ugly csv format. Also you to have turned on auditing in your tenant settings before the audit report will populate

Audit Logs.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand there is no report currently available that shows current members of a workspace, app, etc. You would have to use the audit report and tie it all together. This has been something that our organization has wanted as well.

Where do I find the audit report?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjcuccia, you can get to it via the Admin Portal BUT you have to be an O365 admin to actually be able to see it. The Power BI admin role does not have access to it. Neal Analytics created a nice, easy to read template to view the data (see more here) because it does come out of the O365 portal in a very ugly csv format. Also you to have turned on auditing in your tenant settings before the audit report will populate

Audit Logs.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors