Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbiAG
Frequent Visitor

Use Dataflow to populate historic data to a table and then append monthly data to the same table

Hi,

We are working with manual excel files as source. (from a Sharepoint folder).

Have a scenario wherein we need to...

1.) Create dataflow to load historic data into a "Staging" table. ---(for example data till Dec-2022......this is working as expected)

2.) Create another dataflow to load the monthly data and append it to the "Staging" table created in the first dataflow. (for example data for Jan-2023)

3.) The second dataflow has a defined logic wherein it will only pick the latest file from the Sharepoint Folder to be appended with the history dataset and all previous months data.

When I test with single file (data for Jan-2023) in the Sharepoint folder...it works as expected.

However, If I add Feb-2023 data file (for testing), the dataflow only appends data for Feb-2023 to the Historic "Staging" table...and the Jan-2023 data is no longer there...

The expected result was that the "Staging" table would have ---> Historic data + Jan 2023 + Feb 2023

Am I missing a step somewhere ?

Can anyone please help/guide as to what should be the proper approach.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors