Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukmtb08
Helper III
Helper III

Usage of Reports based on Data Mart with a pro license

Hi,

I was wondering if could share a report, which is based on datamarts and dataflows with a workspace which is non-premium. 

Does any user of the final report has to have a premium license, or only the designer of the datamart itself?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure what you are asking exactly. Let me explain some things.

Workspace can be with Capacity (premium or premium per user) or shared (created by pro).

If you have a workspace created by pro, all the users must have pro to read or build.

If you have a premium one, you can share with free users an App of the workspace, but the builders must have pro licence.

Now let's talk about datamart. The feature must be created in a gen2 capacity, so premium or premium per user (PPU). Any member of the workspace (PPU or PRO) can get data from the datamart with PowerBi Desktop to create a report. Then they can publish it to any workspace. It dependes on the things I have said before to know which users can actually "view".

I hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lukmtb08
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you very much! 

So if I have a PPU-license and develope a datamart and build a report based on the datamart, can I share the dataset and the report with a pro-workspace that contains "only" pro user? 

Yes but it depends on how you publish. You connect to datamart to create a dataset. The dataset MUST be published to a regular shared workspace or Premium capacity in order to let PRO accounts handle it. If you publish your dataset to a PPU. Then only PPU will watch it. Think about datamarts as a SQL Server. That will help. Then the rules and docs from Microsoft for datasets are the same.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure what you are asking exactly. Let me explain some things.

Workspace can be with Capacity (premium or premium per user) or shared (created by pro).

If you have a workspace created by pro, all the users must have pro to read or build.

If you have a premium one, you can share with free users an App of the workspace, but the builders must have pro licence.

Now let's talk about datamart. The feature must be created in a gen2 capacity, so premium or premium per user (PPU). Any member of the workspace (PPU or PRO) can get data from the datamart with PowerBi Desktop to create a report. Then they can publish it to any workspace. It dependes on the things I have said before to know which users can actually "view".

I hope that helps

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors