Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Youssefpbi1_
Advocate I
Advocate I

Usage metrics report not updating

Usage metrics related to one of my workspace are last updated on 09/09/2022 and i cant see the dataset related to that usage metrics to refresh manually. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Youssefpbi1_ ,

As the doc says: 

If you suspect data consistency or refresh issues, it might make sense to delete the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset. Then you can run View Usage Metrics again to generate a new dataset with its associated usage metrics reports.

vmengzhumsft_0-1663136305284.png

Related link:

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I solved the problem in the following way.

In my case,
1. In "old" Usage Metrics Report, toggle the "New usage report off" switch to On.
2. Select "View usage metrics report" with the report which you want to analyze the usage metrics.

sorry, I'm not good at English.
Best regards,

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I solved the problem in the following way.

In my case,
1. In "old" Usage Metrics Report, toggle the "New usage report off" switch to On.
2. Select "View usage metrics report" with the report which you want to analyze the usage metrics.

sorry, I'm not good at English.
Best regards,

JasonH88

We are having same issue - the "old" user metrics (Report Usage Metrics) has stopped updating on all dashboards Septemeber 8th.  The "new" Usage Metrics Report is updating.  I've been using the old for usage reporting and can move over to the new view - just the data doesn't match up so for consistency I was hoping for continued use of the old metrics.  

Wondering with updates to the service is the old metrics is being phased out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm...Tried new usage metrics and no data. In fact, it has a forced date filter to 2021 (now 2022) and won't let me change to anything newer. 😞 will give this another week and hopefully it will just magically start working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have exactly the same problem that started 9th sept... 

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Youssefpbi1_ ,

As the doc says: 

If you suspect data consistency or refresh issues, it might make sense to delete the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset. Then you can run View Usage Metrics again to generate a new dataset with its associated usage metrics reports.

vmengzhumsft_0-1663136305284.png

Related link:

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, how do i delete the dataset? to view the usage matrics dataset is not available. There is some changes with power BI recently where usage matric dataset setting is no where to found. For the old usage matrix report data still running, but for the new version has stoped and the new version is needed for analaysis. Experts, please help4.png3.png2.png1.png

Hello,

how can I delete the existing Usage Metrics Report Dataset ?

I know how to update usage metrics report, or to rename it, but I couldn't find where to click to delete it. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi, It looks like the refresh token expired. I have reentered the credentials and will let you know if it works.

Hi, I also reentered the credentials but it had no impact on the output.

Thank you for the procedure you posted, I cannot use it as I have a Pro Licence and not a Premium licence, so I do not access same parameters.

Hi, just wondering if you had managed to resolve the issue?

Hi,

unfortunately no.

To explain where I am in the topic:

- I publish a report used on a very regular basis by internal end users. Until Sept 12th, usage metrics worked perfectly.

- no usage data after the 9th. We are on the 27th today, and usage metrics shows as updated today, but no usage from Sept 9th, which I know is wrong (checked with some end users).

In between, a new set up (new version) of usage metrics appeared in my Power bi desktop pro , is it the reason why previous version doesn't work anymore ?

With the new set up, I can see only my personal statistics, which is of no interest. I need to see what users like/dislike, and the way they use my report, as before.

Last and maybe not least, while in the "Report usage Metrics report" (=the previous version of usage metrics I did use up to now), if I click in options : Show dataset, then I get: "Sorry, we can't find this dataset" ! 😒  But if I do the opposite, meaning from my workspace right click on the Powerbi report and select "Show usage metrics report", then I come back to the same usage metrics report not able to reach the dataset !!! arghhh 😩

NB: I would like to avoid last procedure that would be to delete the shared Powerbi report, and republish it, because I will need to re-create all accesses for the end users, and they will need to use the new link only (which I am sure will cause me a lot of calls from users...).

I am having exactly the same problem. Last update date 09/Sep.

I first re-entered the credentials because they had expired, that didn't change much. I then deleted and re-created the dataset, that did nothing at first, but the next day I saw in the "New usage report" that the data did update. So it looks like the problem fixed itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors