Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Luukvv93
Helper II
Helper II

Usage metrics invisible

Hi,

I am the owner of a report that has been distributed among users that can only see the report in App-mode.

Normally I am able to see usage metrics in reports (as highlighted in red in the picture below) but it does not show me this option. Any advice on how to enable this?

tempsnip.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luukvv93 I don't kow any method sorry.
For the moment is not possible to migrate from old workspaces to new ones, so I don't think that it exists the option to update from new to old.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amoreira1
Advocate I
Advocate I

hello - was this ever resolved ? I see it was marked as resolved but I am experincing the same issue and I've confirmed that setting is enabled in the admin portal. 

I am unable to see Usage Metircs on any reports I've distributed through a workspace "app".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Luukvv93 

It seems that you are using the new version of the workspace, this new version doesn't allow the usage metrics.

MS says that they will be avaiable in a future (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enable-your-team-with-new-workspaces-experiences-preview/)

@Anonymous is there any way to change the new workspace to the old without having to create a new workspace?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luukvv93 I don't kow any method sorry.
For the moment is not possible to migrate from old workspaces to new ones, so I don't think that it exists the option to update from new to old.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Luukvv93 ,

Your admin may have disabled the feature. Sign-in the admin account then follow steps below:

1. Open the Admin portal by selecting the gear icon in the top-right-corner of Power BI service and choosing Admin portal.

select gear icon

2. From the Admin portal, select Tenant settings and choose Usage metrics for content creators.

Admin portal

3. Enable (or disable) usage metrics and select Apply.

Usage metrics enabled 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

I tried your solution usage metrics has been enabled. Any other idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors