cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwest Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Usage metrics are blank

I'm have a different but related issue.

I have Power BI Pro (Purchased in late August) and am a workspace admin at my organization.

I created two reports using usage metrics for the entire workspace: one dashboard usage and one report usage. These are custom reports, and I created the reports in early September. 

Checking them now, they haven't updated since September 7th.

Custom.PNG

I tried generating a new report from thinking the issue might be with my custom reports, but still, only data up to September 7th. 

Standard.PNG

Even generating the report as a different user who is also an admin in the workspace does not work 

AbhishekH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mwest,

Thanks for sharing, I checked the dates you mentioned, I have some dashboard metrics which stopped updating after 7th of September, and two - three dashboards have August dates, looks like it is a generic issue.

hymieho Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@@mwe, how did you create your custom report? Is this dataset exposed somewhere or are you using the audit logs?

mwest Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@hymieho I followed the steps in this article:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-usage-metrics/

Generating a report on the service, saving it, and then editing the report.

mwest Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Just an update here. My organizatoin is a pro subscriber, so I reached out to the MS service team.

They were able to get my usage metrics back up and running. I didn't change anything about how my reports were set up, so I assume the issue was on Power BI's side. I am missing data for a chunk of time in early October, but otherwise, everything is working and updating now.

Highlighted
UOLandrewdale Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We have the same problem. Reports that existed before August 2017 have usage reports that continue to show current usage, i.e. correct as of yesterday. Reports created after August 2017 show no uasage at all, but do show a correct value for "total reports in organisation".

Maybe it has something to do with this improvement to the service that was launched in August 2017?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-per-user-usage-metrics-know-your-audience-and-a...