Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage Metrics lost in all V2 workspaces

Hi all,

We have lost all usage metrics in our V2 workspaces before June 13th while usage data in V1 workspaces is still available. Has something in service changed during the weekend?

Usage Report June 15thUsage Report June 15th

On June 10th specific report still had 462 viewers and 7723 views which are now gone 😐

Opportunity Report Usage June 10thOpportunity Report Usage June 10th

BR,

Mika Kouvo

@kayumsf

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I just noticed that usage history is lost only in new usage report:

selectionselection

new metricsnew metrics

Old usage metrics of same report still have full 90 days data:

old metricsold metrics

KR,

Mika Kouvo

ping @collinq 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I believe that the new usage metrics reports use only the last 30 days.  Do you think that this is the problem?  There are a number of ideas that request longer durations.  Perhaps you can vote for one of those?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq, it's true metrics are available for last 30 days, but that is not the case here - instead of 30 days data we now have only 2 days data available.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is it possible that the admin changed these  settings and then changed them back? (selecting the Delete all?)Perm1.png

Perm2.png

Or, is it possible that the O365 admin turned off audit logs for internal activity and then back on?

It seems to me that if the old versions still have data then the new ones should as well but if it only new workspaces that may have been affected by an admin then maybe this is possible?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

This (deleting existing usage metrics content) was also our initial thought and we're waiting confirmation from admins, but as you said this should have affected also V1 workspaces which is not the case and would like MS to comment if this is possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors