cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magsod Member

Re: Usage Metrics for Dashboard/Report Authors Feedback

Great addition with the per user statistics!

Unfortunately the dataset performance is really slow and becomes almost useless when response time is 20-40 seconds when interacting with the reports.

I hope this is on the top of the agenda for the development team since these kind of auditing is highly requested for many customers and can add a high value when justifying investments into Power BI in the organization.

Br,

Magnus

Power BI Team sirui_sun
Power BI Team

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Improving the performance of the usage metrics reports is at the top of our priority. Work is in-progress which should significantly improve performance. We should have an update by end of September or October - stay tuned.

Separately - unfortunately there are no current plans to add email subscriptions to usage metrics, though I would encourage you to create/vote on the idea at ideas.powerbi.com

Thanks,

-Sirui

corichter Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sirui,

I would really like to see which users subscribed to my reports and dashboard. Therfore I voted for this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17869417-view-list-of-users-subsc...

Best regards

Cornelius

cdnjj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any thoughts on why the usage metrics for a published app would not be showing users which have definitely logged on and viewed a dashboard?

Anecdotally it seems like iOS usage isn't picked up consistently.

Ross73312 Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I'm pleased to report that my usage reports, that were previously timing out, are now working as I would have expected them to.  Great work @sirui_sun and team!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

hum808 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

When will it be possible to share usage reports or add to a content pack?

Highlighted
rayishome Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have a report built based on the origianl where the fitler for hte Report was removed allowing all reports to be visable across the Workspace.  This report is still fairly slow.  

corichter Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

sharing of usage Dashboards is already possible, you could select and use it. I did not check it with a colleague until now.

Kind regards

C. Richter

CAG Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@zthill

Hey there! I'm currently looking into how to pull the logs automatically, but I'm just at the beginning. Can you share how you automatically pull the data from Power BI? That would be really helpful!

Many thanks ahead, Chris

Cfarinha Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I've noticed that using the ViewsCount measure seems to cause most of my slow downs. I am connecting to a report usage metrics dataset on one of my workspaces through Excel and finding that almost any time I pull ViewsCount into the pivot the refresh never completes. I've waited more than 10 minutes at this point and its still trying to bring in the results. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 2,073 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: