Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlanAr
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metrics are not working properly

Hi everyone, i've been experiencing this issue a couple of months ago. I have usage metrics reports from many workspaces, and for certain week, it's showing a certain views count, and for the next week, the views go down, for example from 80 views  to 72 views. This happens in all workspaces.

Also, I think in general  usage metrics model does not work correctly, despite i know it refreshes around every 24 hours, sometimes it takes up to 5 or 6 days to be refreshed.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or you guys know whats going on with usage metrics?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlanAr ,

As of this moment, the support page states that:

Power BI Customers viewing Usage Metrics for reports located in classic Workspaces may see data not reflecting the latest usage. This issue is isolated to the following clusters: North Europe, North Central US, US East 2, Australia Southeast, UK South, and West US. As a workaround customers can upgrade their Workspace to Modern Workspace and access the new version of Usage metrics reports. Engineers have identified the root cause and mitigation efforts are expected to complete by EOD 08/23/2020.

If this has been happening for a while, I suggest that you create a support ticket.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlanAr ,

It usually takes 24 hours for data to update in usage metrics and if you feel its not getting updated, you should probably raise a ticket with MS because this seems to be a bug.

You can confirm if this is a known issue: link

As suggested by @collinq, you can create a support ticket and get direct answers from MS.

Usage Metrics Limitations and FAQs Reference Link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-usage-metrics#considerations-and...

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlanAr ,

As of this moment, the support page states that:

Power BI Customers viewing Usage Metrics for reports located in classic Workspaces may see data not reflecting the latest usage. This issue is isolated to the following clusters: North Europe, North Central US, US East 2, Australia Southeast, UK South, and West US. As a workaround customers can upgrade their Workspace to Modern Workspace and access the new version of Usage metrics reports. Engineers have identified the root cause and mitigation efforts are expected to complete by EOD 08/23/2020.

If this has been happening for a while, I suggest that you create a support ticket.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors