Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usage Metrics & Dormant Status of Report

Hello

I've created a report and dashboard (online and mobile app). When I view the usage metric it looks like only the report and dashboard online views are considered. -Can the mobile views also be included?

Also, both the report and dashbaord have flagged up as dormant. I do not understand why this has happend as the report source data is through import and is refreshed every other day...- Can you advise what has happened?

Thanks

Siobhan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seth

Thanks very much for the direction to platform on the usage metrics. I can see the mobile usage now too!

The metrcics show the reporrt being used in the last few month so the email of the report being dormant is still a mystery...the numbers are refreshing still so I'll keep an eye out on this if anyone raises a similar issue!

Thanks again for your support

Siobhán

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anonymous Usage metrics from mobile aren't supported as of yet.

The system shuts down refresh on any report that isn't being actively used by anyone. (or "should" only do it for that reason)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seth

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Do we when (or if there is a plan) to include mobile views in the usage metrics?

For the Dormant report- that is exactly my concern...the report is refreshed every other day so if I'm missing a step in the process, it would be good to know so it doesn't happen in future!

Thanks again!

@Anonymous Urgh, I totally lied. You can see the usage metrics for mobile. On a report or dashboard click on usage metrics, when on the usage metrics report there is a "platform" slicer, "Mobile" is a platform you can view.

As to the refresh pausing, this isn't something that you are doing wrong in the refresh process, it is because no one is using the report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Seth

Thanks very much for the direction to platform on the usage metrics. I can see the mobile usage now too!

The metrcics show the reporrt being used in the last few month so the email of the report being dormant is still a mystery...the numbers are refreshing still so I'll keep an eye out on this if anyone raises a similar issue!

Thanks again for your support

Siobhán

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors