Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KrishnaPaudel
Employee
Employee

Usage Metrics Report dataset has invalid relationship for Users table

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue with the new Usage Metrics Report dataset. We have a direct query to this dataset to pull the usage metrics into custom usage report that we have built. 

From Feb 16th onwards, we are getting the below error while querying the dataset.

"The query referenced column 'Users'[UniqueUser] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state"

Snapshot of the error:

UsageDatasetIssue.png

This is happening in two of our workspaces, however the usage models on all other workspaces do not to have this problem.

Tags: UniqueUser; referenced column 'Users'[UniqueUser]; 'Users'[UniqueUser]; usage model error;

4 REPLIES 4
ferzfeld
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have the same problem!

The usage metrics report is showing the exact same error message, and in the graphics it is not showing any data at all.

The "old" version is still working, but it is not showing the users to me (although I am the tenant admin and have assigned myself the right to see the users).

Any news about this issue?

RaphaelYusen

Dear @KrishnaPaudel @v-yangliu-msft ,

I do have same problem for weeks and still unsolved , as my IT department is of no support , could you please assist me to generate the Suae metrics report ? I got below error message :

Activity ID: b99f6d02-010b-46c7-b443-4c559b2dfad4
Request ID: 4666c4ab-5b4a-6301-ca41-7ceccb53c33b
Correlation ID: 84a6ede2-bc37-1212-0a8a-0e865b3f01b6
Status code: MoreThanOneDuplicatePackageFoundError
Time: Mon Apr 12 2021 14:29:27 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version: 13.0.15854.62
Client version: 2104.1.05620-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @KrishnaPaudel ,

Is there any update to power bi services so that the system cannot understand the type of data

For related content, you can check the following link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-query-referenced-column-which-depends-on-another-column...

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @KrishnaPaudel 

If it is working in other App Workspaces I would think to log a support ticket to see why this is happening?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors