Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mirithu
Helper II
Helper II

Usage Metrics Report - Change existing report from classic to modern

Hello,

I would like to create a usage metrics report then customise it in the Power BI service.

a) If I create a usage metrics report in the new modern view there is no option to save a copy.

b) If I create it in the classic view, I can save a copy and customise it, but I cannot change this customised report back to the new modern view.

Is there a way to save a copy in the new modern view ( a) above) or convert an existing classic report to a new modern view ( b) above) ?

Kindly let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mirithu
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @lbendlin 

I found out that the reason I could not get the option to Save A Copy in the modern view is because the dataset of the previous report was still there though I could not see it.
I deleted it using a powershell method. After that I could save a copy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mirithu
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @lbendlin 

I found out that the reason I could not get the option to Save A Copy in the modern view is because the dataset of the previous report was still there though I could not see it.
I deleted it using a powershell method. After that I could save a copy.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Usage metrics report datasets only work inside the workspace where they have been created.

Use the Tenant Audit logs instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors