Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jjudas_CPAdv
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metric Discrepancy noted between two views of same report

I have created a report and, when checking usage metrics, I noted two views provide metrics on Users and Views. The first view showing Usage metrics is presented after selecting the Dataset from the Workspace and the second view is after selecting the report and reviewing the usage report. The screenshot below provides both views...

The question is, why the discrepancy?

Screenshot_2021-04-24_9-49-44.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jjudas_CPAdv ,

They are different:

1. View 1 retains the last 30 days of data, while View 2 retains the last 90 days of data.
  2.  In View 1 the unique viewers are people who opened the report at least once during the time period (based on the AAD user account).
  3. In View 2 the total viewers are total number of Report Views per day.

Usage metrics in the new workspace 

a.pngimage.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-kkf-msft - thank you for the response to clarify the distinction between time frames encompassed by each view. The report was recently created and published so the data in the 30 day view should be identical to the 90 day view, As such, I would expect 8 viewer names to appear in the second view instead of just 4. Thoughts?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors