cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulinuk2017 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Urgent requirement to plot chart using latest values only - Stream Analytics Data

Hello

I have a Stream Analytics job setup that takes data calculated on the fly from an event hub and pumps it into power bi

Each item that I plot is a value for a line chart.  These values get recalculated.  So I may have 2 values that relate to 04:00

One has been calculated at 04:15 with a value of 100 

The second has been calculated at 04:30 with a value of 200

I need to tell Power BI to only plot the values that have the latest Calculated Date Time - in this case, only plot 200

However, as Power BI saves its data it ends up plotting both points

This is causing me major problems!

I need to use Stream Analytics as my user wants a live refresh

I have tried various combinations in Q&A but none of them work

I have spent hours on this and I am now getting anywhere as well as losing a lot of time and my deadline is getting closer

Really hope someone can help me urgently!

Paul

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Urgent requirement to plot chart using latest values only - Stream Analytics Data

Hi @paulinuk2017,

The Direct Query mode is also supporting a live refresh. 

The Streaming data is pushed into Power BI in real-time. Please see the quoted explanation.

>>>With a streaming dataset, there is no underlying database, so you cannot build report visuals using the data that flows in from the stream. As such, you cannot make use of report functionality such as filtering, custom visuals, and other report functions.

What is the data source? Do you need it update in real-time?

Please refer to: powerbi-service-real-time-streaming/#streaming-dataset and questions-and-answers.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 3,128 guests