Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WencyREN
Frequent Visitor

Urgent help needed!! Visuals display abnormally (in scientific notation) on PBI online service

Dear all, I am facing an issue with my PBI report, the visuals I created with some calculated measures (via PBI desktop Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit March 2022) display normally on the PBI desktop, when I publish it to the PBI online service environment (Service version13.0.17952.44), the visuals get messed up like below.

PBI service viewPBI service view 

PBI desktop viewPBI desktop view

I exported the underlying data from one of the 'messed-up visuals' via the PBI service, and found some anomalies in the dataset (which doesn't show up in PBI desktop dataset). The yellow highlighted value (screenshot - A) is 'exploded' by x 10000000000000 in the PBI service while stays normal in the pbix dataset. I try to check back on what transformations I have applied to the data in power query. From the orginal data source, data fileds come in in text type (screenshot - B), I changed the data type for the value column to whole number (screenshot - C), and load the transformed data to PBI frontend and then create calculated measures, visuals accordingly. Apparently, problems occur when I publish the report to PBI service as some of the data lines, they all of a sudden X 10000000000000, resulting in the messed up visuals views in above screenshots.

Please can someone help give some tips on how to solve this issue? Thank you in advance for any help, tips & tricks.

(A)

WencyREN_0-1648822890198.png

(B)

WencyREN_1-1648823007404.png

(C)

WencyREN_2-1648823030905.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you do the type conversion you will want to include the source locale.  Use the "Change type with locale"  option instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you do the type conversion you will want to include the source locale.  Use the "Change type with locale"  option instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors