Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Urgent! Power BI gateway not working

Dear:

The stituation is:

- I used to have an Power BI account A with gateway A running well to automatically refresh report A on machine

- I have reinstalled gateway B and used power BI account B to automatically refresh refresh report B

- Right now, gateway B is working well under account B but not account A. I have grant access both account to manage both gateway.

- I want both gateway A and gateway B working, what whould I do? Now the gateway always gave failed message: The gateway is either offline or could not be found.

Thank you so much for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xiumi_hou 

Restart the gateway on your computer, and please note that there's only one gateway (If they are both standard gateway) run at the same time and the same computer.

Also, please select the gear icon in the upper-right corner > Manage gateways, then add all data sources of your dataset under the gateway, this way, you are able to set schedule refresh using the on-premises gateway, for more details, please review this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise-manage-scheduled-refres...

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi Thanks for asking. Do you mean that I can only set on gateway on my computer. But I can add different reports' data sources into one gateway. So once this gateway is running, then all the report can be automatically refresh? Another problem is, my two reports are under two power BI Pro account, can the gateway run under two different account? Thanks @v-diye-msft 

Hi @xiumi_hou 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @xiumi_hou 

Do you mean that I can only set on gateway on my computer? But I can add different reports' data sources into one gateway. So once this gateway is running, then all the report can be automatically refresh?

Yes, you are right.

Another problem is, my two reports are under two power BI Pro account, can the gateway run under two different account?

You can share the gateway with another user referring this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-manage

Then another one can see the gateway in his Power bi and add the data source under it. 

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors