Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploaded json file not appearing as a dashboard theme

Hi all-

I may be missing something here, but when I upload a dashboard JSON theme called "Uploaded Theme" to the service, it doesn't appear as an option in the drop down (i.e. I'd expect a theme called "Uploaded Theme" where the "?" is in image below) , and all the color options remain defaults.  Should this theme appear in the drop down or is the .json a way to override the UI in the service?  Even if that is the case, I would expect the color options to reflect those set by the uploaded theme.

Dashboard json upload.PNG

Version:1.0 StartHTML:00000145 EndHTML:00002068 StartFragment:00000294 EndFragment:00002036 StartSelection:00000294 EndSelection:00000294SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

{

"name":"Uploaded Theme",

"foreground":"#000000",

"background":"#FFFFFF",

"dataColors":["#0f385b", "#FCB82C", "#71BBE3", "#414042", "#939598", "#BED600", "#E24333", "#E01D48", "#00B0A9" ],

"tiles":{"background":"#0f385b","color":"#414042"},

"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"color":{"solid":{"color":"#71BBE3"}}}]}}}

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I think you are misunderstanding this feature, if you choose 'upload', it will loading your json file and switch to custom. It not means your theme will appears in that list.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I think you are misunderstanding this feature, if you choose 'upload', it will loading your json file and switch to custom. It not means your theme will appears in that list.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks!  That took me some time to realize, and expect others to have some issues with this as well since the theme file has a title, which is ignored by the service.  In hopes that feature improvements include importing the theme name (overwriting "Custom" or adding to list of themes) as well as adopting the color pallette into the service so that tile color editing options match the rest of the theme. I posted a new idea to the Power BI Form here.  Please  vote if you agree! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors