Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CookieMonster20

Uploaded dataset/report from Desktop not populating with data from CSV Azure Storage Blob

Hi,

I used this guide here to create a report in Power BI Desktop, pulling data from a CSV in an Azure Storage Blob https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-access-data-from-azure-blob-storage-using-power-bi/

In Power BI Desktop it works fine, I can see the data from the CSV, and have created tables and graphs in my report.

But when I publish it to Power BI Service, the dataset can refresh without any error's, but it does not show as having any columns, resulting in the report also not loading.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this working online?

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CookieMonster20 ,

Please ensure the connection mode.

Does the column not appear before or after the refresh?  Please provide a screenshot for more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @CookieMonster20 

If you can make sure you can refresh the dataset in the Power BI Service?

If you can, then I would make sure that the same files do have data and the same columns from Azure Blob storage and that you have the right permissions created to read the files?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors