cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CookieMonster20

Uploaded dataset/report from Desktop not populating with data from CSV Azure Storage Blob

Hi,

I used this guide here to create a report in Power BI Desktop, pulling data from a CSV in an Azure Storage Blob https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-access-data-from-azure-blob-storage-using-power-bi/

In Power BI Desktop it works fine, I can see the data from the CSV, and have created tables and graphs in my report.

But when I publish it to Power BI Service, the dataset can refresh without any error's, but it does not show as having any columns, resulting in the report also not loading.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this working online?

2 REPLIES 2
v-polly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CookieMonster20 ,

Please ensure the connection mode.

Does the column not appear before or after the refresh?  Please provide a screenshot for more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @CookieMonster20 

If you can make sure you can refresh the dataset in the Power BI Service?

If you can, then I would make sure that the same files do have data and the same columns from Azure Blob storage and that you have the right permissions created to read the files?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors