Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

webportal
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Upload Excel file from OneDrive to workspace

Hello,

I'm using a premium capacity with a workspace to share some reports with other users.

Now, Id' like to upload an Excel file to that workspace which is stored in my organisation's OneDrive for business, but I can't find it!

It seems I can only upload files stored inside the workspace... I could of course move the file to the workspace location but that isn't an option since that file is being used as a powerapp data source and I want it to have the data refreshed at all times.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @webportal ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-lid-msft 

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm using the new app worskpace, nothing changed, ie, the file isn't uploaded.

Regards,

Hi @webportal ,

Could you please share about what situation you meet: can not see the file in OneDrive Business or can not use it while you in new app workspace?

Best regards,

The file is stored in OneDrive for Business.
However, I can't upload it to the app workspace.

Hi @webportal ,

Could you please try the following steps and share about when will you get error message? If you get an error, please put the error message which do not contain any Confidential Information (such as file name, url, id, username, etc) here to help us find the problem.

1. Enter the new experience app workspace

2. Click the Get Data

3. Click the Get inside Flie

4. Click "OneDrive - Business"

5. Find the excel file you need, click

6. Click Import

7. Run step 1 - 5 again, but Click Update

Best regards,

Hello,
On step 5, I simply don't see the file I want to upload.
My file is in my OneDrive which uses the same login as Power BI.
I don't understand this is too complicated.

Hi @webportal ,

Sorry for that, I cannot reproduce your issue, We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

2.PNG

Best regards,

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @webportal ,

Based on my test, I found it mainly because you are using a Classic App Workspace, You can try to use the New App Workspace to get the excel file in your OneDrive of Business.

Please refer to the following documents for more information:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-new-workspaces

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors