Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

theo146

Upgrading to pro after trial does not work

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble upgrading from my ended pro-trial, to a "legit" pro version :

I used to be under pro trial on my account, and had created reports stocked under a group. Trying to access the group today, i noticed that this group had become unavailable to me, since my free trial had run out. (see picture 1) denied_grp.JPG

From here, i clicked on the yellow option, stating that i could upgrade to pro in order to access the group again. However, upon clicking on this, i do not have the option to pay for my upgrade, all that is available under the "PowerBI pro" category is a free trial, in which i cannot enroll since i allready have done it. (see picture 2)

denied_pay.JPG

I am therefore stuck in a situation in which i am on a free-user account, so i cannot access my reports, but i cannot upgrade to pro either since i do not have access to the "Pay to upgrade to PowerBI Pro" option.

Furthermore, even if i could upgrade to the paying pro version, would it be worth it, or will i automatically profit of the 1-year grace period from June 1st 2017 to May 2018, upon connecting on my now "free" account on the 1st of June.

Thank you in advance for your insights !

8 REPLIES 8
martinrowe
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have this exact same issue also. Im stuck in a loop unable to upgrade and also unable to see my reports. My free 60 day trial has just ended also, but when I click to buy a license it tells me that I already have one and have no option to buy or extend the trial

This is a pretty poor experience - it seems utterly bonkers that this doesnt work, purely from a sales perspective preventing people from signing up to a paid service!!

@theo146 Well, since you didn't have Free during the actual period which ended with the announcement, you won't get the 1yr free Pro trial. This is the second post today I've seen of people not being able to buy Pro from the Pro Trial though... so I wonder if something else is amiss...

Do you have a managed tenant or did you just sign up on your own domain and have no idea what I'm talking about?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Hi,

I guess this is a product bug and was fixed, but seems it is continuing again. Could you provide some info on this.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/After-free-upgrade-to-Pro-few-Users-get-issue-as-upgrade-to/i...

@huskh01 Sorry, I don't work for MSFT so I don't have visibility into the status of bugs or if there are continued issues related to this. Hope it gets sorted for you.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your reply !

I did sign on my own domain. But I think I see what you are talking about : powerBI offers me the option to become the admin for my domain name (guessing it refers to all of the adresses that bear my company's name, of which i am for now the only PowerBI user). (see picture below)admin_prop.JPG

It should mean that there is not yet an admin, that could be controlling my access to buying a pro license (?)

Is this what you meant by "managed tenant" ? Or am i mistaken ?

@martinrowe this is indeed pretty frustrating !

think that may also be the same for me.

Having had issues getting the on preemise gateway up and running for my hostes reports, deperately clikcing around some options and selecting this "admin" option to see if there was anything in there that could help. The process wasnt completed as cleaerly it wasnt what I was looking for, but now seems that the service believes my account is administered by "your IT department" when this cleaerly isnt the case.

Is there a way to revoke this and return to a personal only account (as I am on the only user) if this is causing the problem?

Has anyone found a solution to this? Annoyingly you cant even raise a support request to microsoft as you can only do that when you actually pay for the license.

So here I am, trying to give them money for the product and cant even get the support as I cant upgrade to pay for the support!!!

Has this been solved?  My pro trial runs out in 4 days and I don't see any option to upgrade in the Office 365 subscriptions area.  When I try to add it like the documentation says, it's not in the list of available options (I can see powerApps, dynamics, etc., but no Power BI)..

Help??  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors