Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrading the power Bi Gateway

Hi I am planning to upgrade the gatway with latest version. I am taking all prcautionary measure and this post is about that. I would like to check if the upgrade fail we have option to recover the old gateways with all credentials. I would like to know how to do that and what should i do to prepare it? Also I would like to know which version of Gateway is  currently installed in my environment.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you mean "old gateways" are gateway application itself, you need to keep the installation file. While you mean they are gateways you created and displayed in Manage Gateways on Power BI service, you need to have recovery key you entered during the time you create gateways before: 

on-prem-data-gateway-install-recovery.png

If you upgrade on-premise data gateway failed, current machine can't be used to restore gateways until the on-premise data gateway can be run smoothly on this machine. You can find another machine install the latest on-premise data gateway version to restore gateways. 

If you have issues when you update gateway, you can share error message here and we will help you troubleshoot the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors