Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joel_Clark
Advocate I
Advocate I

Upgraded capacity to Power BI Premium Gen 2 and our dataflows have started failing

Upgraded our P1 capacity to Power BI Premium Gen 2 and our dataflows have started failing with nondescript errors. We can't get in to edit them. Report refreshes connecting to those dataflows are failing and the dataflows cannot be connected to from Power BI desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Hettic
Frequent Visitor

Is there a migration script plan for the upgrade?

TSHECKEL
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, Just checking to see if this issue has since been resolved? Thanks

Hi, yes this is resolved.

Kind regards, Joel

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I waited until yesterday to try it and had no issues, Dataflows are fine.

Incredible decrease in Dataset refresh time.  I have a 1.5 gb Dataset that mostly loads from Blob storage, previously run time was 2 hours average, since yesterday I'm seeing 45 minutes.  I have another that is down from 40 minutes to 6 minutes!

Yes i finally got round to doing it on Friday and have had no issues. Some of our refresh times have literally been decimated (90 minutes down to 9 minutes). Great stuff MSFT!

Now just waiting for those monitoring metrics to come out.... 🙂

Joel_Clark
Advocate I
Advocate I

We've been informed that the issue with the bulk assign option has now been fixed but I haven't had a chance to implement it yet. I'll update again when we've had a chance to do that. If anyone has any experience of doing it in the meantime i'd be interested to hear that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with dataflows.  Rolled back to Gen1.

@Joel_Clark, please keep us posted when Microsoft's fix becomes available.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you please tell me how did you do that? Rollback

Joel_Clark
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update. Have rolled back to Gen1 and the issues are resolved so our capacity is back up and running. Doesn't solve the issue going forwards though. We've logged a support ticket...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been having this issue, have now switched back to Gen1. Thanks for posting this, saved me a lot of time!

No problem. The update from our support ticket is that it’s a known issue.

There is a slightly painful workaround that requires removing each workspace from the premium capacity and then reassigning it, although it sounds like there should be a fix to that manual process soon that will allow the workaround to be applied in bulk. It was suggested by the Microsoft tech that it might be fixed next week but we have to assume that just means the “bulk assign” option should be in effect by then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors