Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating or adding data sources to data flow fails

When i try to update or add data to new or existing data flows, it fails when I hit Save and Close. It happens on all kind of data sources, and the error message appears instantly, withhout any spinning wheels or other thing indicating that something is beeing validated.

This started yesterday. Has anyone else experienced the same and is there something i could do to fix this?

There was an unexpected error.

SessionId: af1c6647-f330-4984-8a32-2ff9308cbee2

section Section1;
shared Endringslogg = let
Kilde = Csv.Document(File.Contents("\\bigateway\powerbi\Endringslogg.csv"), [Delimiter = ";", Columns = 8, Encoding = 65001, QuoteStyle = QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Forfremmede overskrifter" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Kilde, [PromoteAllScalars = true]),
#"Endret kolonnetype" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Forfremmede overskrifter", {{"ID", Int64.Type}, {"AuthorName", type text}, {"AuthorScreenName", type text}, {"ProfilePic", type text}, {"Date", type date}, {"Text", type text}, {"Likes", Int64.Type}, {"Retweets", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Endret kolonnetype";

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rutger_IVAR

I changed the language settings from Default (browser language) (Norwegian) to English and now it seems to work for me. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rutger_IVAR

I changed the language settings from Default (browser language) (Norwegian) to English and now it seems to work for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @Rutger_IVAR , it worked. 😊

Rutger_IVAR

Hi @Anonymous, @v-luwang-msft 

Same problem here for our customer when trying to update connection string to a new SQL server.

Updating the dataflow works great but cannot save and close the Power Query editor.
I tried to create a new dataflow from a flatfile, this also results into the same unknown error.

Maybe it has something to do with our language settings? (Norwegian) 

/Rutger

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to create a new data flow and connect to  "\\bigateway\powerbi\Endringslogg.csv".

Check if it is feasible.

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, @v-luwang-msft .

To connect to the data works flawlessy for all sources, i'm able to see and transform the data. But when I want to save and close the flow - the error appears. It doesnt matter if do a lot of transformations or alomst nothing. The data is fetched through a on-premise gateway, updated last friday. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors