Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alex_Yatlen

Updating data from API faild from app.powerbi.com

Hello everyone

I really need your help in setting up an API request through the app.powerbi.com service.

The report contains 3 API connections to the same source, but with different login parameters (like a: [Headers = [Authorization = "Basic YWR23W5Ad2asdasd12332Mjlj"]).

On the desktop version, the report is updated correctly, and publishing it on app.powerbi.com gives an error when trying to update:

The 'Authorization' header is only supported when connecting anonymously. These headers can be used with all authentication types: Accept, Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Cache-Control, Content-Type, If-Modified-Since, Prefer, Range, Referer Table: GetData_Supply_SPB.

The data query in the edit query looks like this:

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://online.moysklad.ru/api/remap/1.1/entity/retaildemand?limit=100&offset="&Number.ToText(Number... 00:01:00"", [Headers=[Authorization="Basic YWR23W5Ad2asdasd12332Mjlj"]"]]))

I created every my query with "Blank Query".

How to configure connections so that app.powerbi.com does not give an error when data updating?

Everything works fine on the desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alex_Yatlen ,

The 'Authorization' header is only supported when connecting anonymously. These headers can be used with all authentication types: Accept, Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Cache-Control, Content-Type, If-Modified-Since, Prefer, Range, Referer Table: GetData_Supply_SPB.

According to this message, do you set the mode to anonymous when setting credentials in the service?

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

hi, @v-eachen-msft 

Yes, i switch mode to anonymous.

I create test report with only one connection to API and app.powerbi.com give new error:

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:

• Data source for Q_RetailDemand

Discover Data Sources

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Contents

and 

Parameters haven't been defined for this dataset yet. If you want to set parameters, use the Query Editor. Learn more

Please help me correctly configure it request to api.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors