Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Updating and Refreshing Reports

I have reviewed the documentation and items here in the community but wanted to basically get a quick confirmation on a few items.

• Is there a way to make a master report in a workspace and then point to that report from another workspace instead of copying it so that changes can be made to the "parent" and the "children" reflect the changes?  I think I can do this through an APP, but was trying to do this for a report that is shared across workspaces.  
  • If I am not using Direct Query, is the only way to get a report to show new data is to do a manual refresh?  I have the dataset being updated nightly on a schedule, but am having difficulting in determing if there is a way to have the report automatically have all its visuals updated showing the new data when you open the report.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Razorbx13 ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Will try your OneDrive solution.  Thanks

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Razorbx13 ,

For the first question, we did not found an effective build-in solution, but we can use Clone Report In Group API as a workaround, you can create script or application to copy the reports you want and make it run as schedule time. Or we can put the pbix file in OneDrive for business and get it in all workspaces, each time we edit the pbix file in Power BI Desktop and save, the change will be refreshed in all workspaces by OneDrive (not immediately effect)

Sorry for that, but we can only use on-demand refresh/ configure refresh/ use Refresh Dataset In Group API to make the Import Mode Dataset up-to-date, but the on-demand and api share the limitation (8 times per day in shared capacity node).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors