Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

nunnc01
Helper I
Helper I

Updating a copied report

Hi,

I have a reports in various workspaces that I would like to also be available in one overall workspace for top level management so that I can create one overall dashboard for them.

I have copied a report to the management workspace I have setup however when I then update the original report and re-publish to service it doesnt update the report in the management workspace, only the one in the original workspace.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice how I achieve this. I don't really want to end up with multiple copies of the same report each with their own refresh schedule.

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nunnc01 ,

After my testing, there are two ways :

1. You could copy the reports again. 

2. Publish to your management workspace.

If you want to update the report when published to original workspace, you can post your idea here. Maybe it will be a feature of Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eloy_C
Frequent Visitor

Right, delete the old version and upload the modified one. Regards.

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nunnc01 ,

After my testing, there are two ways :

1. You could copy the reports again. 

2. Publish to your management workspace.

If you want to update the report when published to original workspace, you can post your idea here. Maybe it will be a feature of Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To copy the reports again, you must delete the copy first corect? Does this mean when they are re-copied that the link will change? If so, is there a way to keep the link the same to avoide broken links for end-users?

axk
Frequent Visitor

There is "kind of" a solution:
Create APP in each workspace.

Distribute APP

When you copy new version of a report - just update app to show than new version.

Link to the app stays the same, so the users only need to know the link to app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors