Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Multiple reports by making changes to a Master Report

Hey guys, 

I am looking for options in terms of sharing a master report with multiple customers. This reports contains data for ~ 20 customers. Currently I have published it online, and have created 20 different reports by applying a report wide filter for each customer. However, if I want to make a change to the master (for example add another tab) I then have to do the process from scratch and recreate the 20 individual customer reports.

I was wondering whether there is a way to have the changes made in the Master to be applied directly to the individual customer reports. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
KMZ
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

Has anyone found a solution to this case other than creating different Roles in the same report?

I have 5 reports with the same structure, they are located in 5 different Sharepoints. I would like to have 1 master report so once changes are made to it other 5 reports are updated in the same way. Any advice how to do it?

Thx!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you want to look at creating a master or template that only has the dataset. Publish this report to the Power BI service. Then when you create the other 20 reports you want to connect to this dataset from the power BI service. Then when you update the dataset you only do it one time. All the reports will come from this shared dataset.

Hi all,

Thank you @Anonymous for creating such a topic which is totally needed from our side. 

I also would like to draw community's attention to this topic and tell our need which is similar to FoivosChrys'

We have ~600 customers out of the company. I have created well organized pbix file and published it to service. From the logic, I have a data set and a report on service. Everything is cool up to now. Next step is to create specific reports for each 600 individuals. However, I am %100 sure that my boss will tell me to erase one of the graph on a page and maybe there will be a need of additional graphs for customers due to increasing/decrasing trend. Now, my question is that will I open each 600 reports and update each of them seperately, or is there a way to do changes on a "Master" report and reflect them on every report without getting into them. 

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I'm a little late to the party, but did you ever find a solution to this issue? I find myself facing this exact problem now and can't find an answer anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The other option in this case would be to use Role level security. In this case you have one report and and you have a role for each one of your customers/different reports. Therefore, when the member is logged into the report with Role Level Security the individual only sees the data that you have given access for them to view. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

You are able to create Role level in Power BI or if you are using a Tabular model the Role level security is brought into the PBI service directly.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors