Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

FredrikA
Regular Visitor

Updating Credentials in Service not working for OAuth2 and CRM

For a week now I cant update my credentials for ODATA connections for Dynamics CRM. The login works when I connect in the desktop so that is not the issue. 

When I click sign in a web page appears where I enter my details, Usr/Psw is accepted and the window closes (as usual) but the sign on button in online service just appears again. I am basically stuck at this stage:OAuth2.png 

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and maybe even resolved it?

Cheers

Fredrik

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FredrikA,

Please try the suggestion mentioned by jasethnz in this thread

When two-factor authentication is active for an account, it does not seem to work on Power BI cloud. Turning this off has fixed the issue.

Also, here is a similar thread for your reference: PowerBI - Failed to update data source credentials

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

I think this has been updated as the two factor auth is now kicking in and texting me when I try to enter credentials. Activating a manual update of the dataset doesn't seem to be working yet though.

Hi @FredrikA,

Please check whether there existing a mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, that will fail to refresh in the personal gateway if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. Reference: Troubleshooting Power BI Gateway - Personal

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FredrikA
Regular Visitor

Now getting slightly more feedback but still not clear what the issues is...

OAuth3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors