Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Updates to the Web connector

We are currently working on improving the refresh of cloud based data sources. As part of this, one of the changes we have made recently is that new datasets that leverage import from Web pages will not be automatically configured for refresh in Power BI service, and will require the use of a gateway. Please consider using the Personal Gateway or On-Premises data gateway if you would like to use this capability. We are working on removing this restriction in the future.

Thanks,

The Power BI team

70 REPLIES 70

Some datasets works while not others. @dimazaid can I PM you error IDs and other details? 

-Kevin

Yes, please send it to my email dimazaid.at.microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Onedrive dataset update works fine (scheduled refresh, on demand also). I still need to see if there is on-change "push" update from Onedrive to PowerBI service.

Thanks for keeping us informed, dimazaid.

Will you update this topic once updating from online sources without a gateway is working again?

You're welcome. Yes, will do!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @dimazaid

OK - there is another issue that affects data connectivity to OneDrive / Sharepoint that you are probably running into. That is being addressed at the moment. This is different from the Web page import issue.

Stay tuned. 

-faisal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @faisalmo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors