cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kurtdn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates to the Web connector

Gateway is not an option...then the pc needs to be on always which is not possible.  It seems logical that when you have all online datasources that you can just update your report without gateway.  Why maintaining a gateway if all your sources are available online...

Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

@mshparber,

We're currently working on it and it should be available in the next 1-2 months. 

Nathan_W Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any updates?

MikeHawryluk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Power BI team...

Is there an update on the status of this project.  I'd appreciate any feedback on any improvements that relieves the requirement of the personal gateway for Public web-based sources.

Kind regards,

Mike

kurtdn Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the impression that this seems to be resolved ?   My report seems to work now without datagateway...although not 100% sure because in the mean time the report has evolved and no longer sure we use the same web connections as before ...

Would be good that MS can confirm that changes have been done to improve...

MikeHawryluk Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @kurtdn

Thanks for the feedback.  In this case Web.Page() is still driving the requirement for the Gateway (see the error below).  The data source I've created is extremely basic in nature.  Equivalent to pulling a table off of Wikipedia. 

Kind regards,

Mike

gateway.PNG

Highlighted
timrodman Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Looks like there is a new feature surrounding getting data from a webpage:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-to-web-by-example

So From Web is getting some attention. Hopefully this attention will also include the ability to refresh in the Power BI Service in the near future.

Nathan_W Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I really hope so. This has been left as a known issue for so long with no updates.