Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trbvncom

Update with Enterprise Gateway can't work

Hello,

I have install on my system Enterprise Gateway and Power BI Desktop. I follow these step to embed my report on my site:

1 - Start Power BI Desktop
2 - Connect to database and select table that you need
3 - Make a new dashboard with graph that you need
4 - Save a model
5 - Start Power BI Gateway if not already started
6 - Join Power BI online
7 - Import the model on the point 4
8 - Click on the "..." of dataset
9 - Click on the Report of your model

When I Click on the report i see a String that say me that with Direct query the data is always update but for me this is not true.

These are the steps that I follow:

0 - Gateway Enterprise is Enable

1 - Change data in my Database

2 - I can't see update data in my WebSite

3 - In Power BI Online click on the Report --> Refresh and the data is refreshed.

4 - Now go in my site click on the refresh of my browser but data of my report isn't update. For every graph on my report I read "Last refresh: current Date current Hour"

Where is my error?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi trbvncom,

Firstly, we need to verify that if you connect to database in DirectQuery mode as shown in the following screenshot. If that is the case, when you publish the model to Power BI Service, a live connection between Power BI and the data source is established, the dataset is always up-to date and there is no option to configure scheduled refresh. Thus, you will see the informational message you mentioned.
Capture.JPG

Secondly, based on your description, you embed Power BI report in website, when the report is updated with any changes, it can take approximately 1 hour to reflect the change to embed codes. If you need the updates to be immediately available, you can use the Save as... feature to save a copy of the report with updated information, and then you can create a new Publish to web embed code for the new report. For more details, please review this article.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors