Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update new features/ conditional formatting based on category

I am new to power bi and am trying to add a text filter from the store,  and I get an error saying - unable to import the issue, visit the support and report the issue". Been trying for 2 days. Also, the app is installed on my desktop and I get an update notification, leading me to a page to reinstall the software altogether. 

And am using a direct query to import all the data from sql and i can't see conditional formatting. I need to color code categories, how can i work on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

yes if you import the data into Power BI using the SQL Query, you will then be able to complete the conditional formatting.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would suggest that you Import the data from your SQL database. This should then allow for the conditional formatting.

Also there were a few bugs, that is why there is another release for Power BI Desktop.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I cannot import data cause it is a 400 lines query with a lot of joins. There are 2 databases with millions of rows being affected. Is there another way? I need to color code categories for the dashboard

Hi there

I am not sure that there is another way. Even though it is a few million rows it should fit into the PBIX?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you suggesting that i import all the data from the database to power bi and then write a sql query on power bi,

will conditional formatting work then? 

Hi there

yes if you import the data into Power BI using the SQL Query, you will then be able to complete the conditional formatting.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors