Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update error: the key didn't match any rows in the table

Hi All,

I am attempting to update my online dashboard. It feeds from 4 different excel files all in the same sharepoint folder. 

If I go in to the desktop version, click refresh data, save and upload then the refresh is fine. However, when I attempt to update the data from PowerBI online I recieve the below error:

Last refresh failed: Thu May 20 2021 16:22:01 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Processing error:The key didn't match any rows in the table.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-EAST2-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:0f3c64d5-e76d-435b-9e9f-aad94b5f9624
Request ID:dba74d13-2ec0-30c2-86c5-18b21e9a7276
Time:2021-05-20 15:22:01Z

Any help would be appreciated. I have already tried a solution that suggested ensuring all the sheets have the same name.

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

This issue seems to happen if the key word doesn't match between dataset and data source.

Please check whether you have changed the sheet name in Sharepoint folder.

From your statement, you can refresh your report successfully in PBI Desktop. Republish your report, configure your credential and try to refresh your dataset again. Please check the result.

I find some same issue like yours and I hope they could help you.

Post1:Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows in the table

Post2:Expression Error.: The key didn't match any rows in the table

From Post2 I get some advice:

In order to avoid the error ralated to the sheet name chnaging unexpectedly, i use the { recordnumber} notation instead , to access the Binary of the Excel File and later the Sheet. Here i access the first file ie {0} of my Sharepoint folder , then get its content and then take its first {0} sheet

#"_FileContent" = try #"Filtered Rows"{0}[Content] otherwise error "Pas possible d'accéder aux données du fichier: " & _FileName,
#"Imported Excel" = Excel.Workbook(#"_FileContent"),
Feuil1_Sheet = #"Imported Excel"{0}[Data]

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors