Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AROEAG

Update Power BI dataset with Excel spreadsheet in Sharepoint - Even if my computer is turned off.

I have a PowerBI dashboard, underlying Excel spreadsheet and a Power Automate workflow which regularly processes data and updates the PowerBI dashboard. As long as I have my computer turned on, this works. If I have the computer turned off, the dataset cannot update with my local files - understandable. So I don't want to link the local Excel files in PowerBI, but the files on the sharepoint. However, if I enter my company's sharepoint address when importing data into PowerBI and log in, not all files on the sharepoint are found, but only a subset, the origin of which I cannot explain.

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to update the Power BI dataset even if my computer is turned off. Whether with API, sharepoint link or whatever. Can anyone help me here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I exscluviely use the Web connector method as explained in this blog post.  It's all cloud based, so no need to have your computer on.

https://support.cloudextend.io/en/articles/5473095-get-excel-data-from-a-single-file-or-entire-folde...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I exscluviely use the Web connector method as explained in this blog post.  It's all cloud based, so no need to have your computer on.

https://support.cloudextend.io/en/articles/5473095-get-excel-data-from-a-single-file-or-entire-folde...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors