Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudharsan
Employee
Employee

Update App Option missing from Workspace.

The Option within Workspace to Update the App has now disappeared. I have update the pbix with changes and already published to the workspace. The report in the workspace is looking good, but unable to replace the version in the App as the Update app is missing.

This is causing huge issues as we share reports from our Org through this app to end users. Is there a known issues or a fix coming soon?image.png

7 REPLIES 7
camartin
Employee
Employee

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I tried everything with no success.

1. I went to the Admin Portal and don't see many options as yours.

2. I went to the App and clicked the Edit button and it sent me back to the workspace.

3. I enabled the New Layout option and also changed it back, no difference.

4. I am an admin in the workspace

App.pngWorkspace.png

HI @camartin,

If all of these suggestions not help for your scenario, I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket to ask power bi team check backend reasons.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sudharsan and @camartin 

Try to find and edit your app through Apps, see if still there and if it makes any difference.

image.png

Also, you can try if the button shows back when you switch to New Look, I had a situation where things disappeared it in preview  ( New Look ) but it might work the other way round.

image.png

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharsan,

I check on my app workspace and the 'update' button works well.

For your scenario, I'd like to suggest you check on power bi admin portal settings. AFAIK, content pack and apps features can be mange and disabled by 'content pack and app settings' option:

Administering Power BI in the admin portal 

2.jpg

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sudharsan 

You can only update an app if you created one first, the create button would suggest you haven't.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

I am an admin of a workspace with more than 90 reports and this app was created long back. This was all working until 4/27 8PM and suddenly disappeared when i check on Tuesday. The "Update App" option is not available on other workspaces as well icausing issues with reports for all our users.  The app workspace is still there but can't be updated with changes on reports that we are making.

I am an admin of a workspace with an app created more than a year ago with no problems until this week. The "Update App" yellow icon is not available and this is causing issues with dashboards for end-users. The icon is simply not there anymore, no matter the browser.

The app workspace is still there but can't be updated...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors