Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SN1
Employee
Employee

[Unsolved] Confusing email notification - Refresh has been disabled / Next refresh is scheduled

My data refresh has been disabled due to repeated failures. The email I recieved was confusing, as it said that the next refresh will take place soon.

Can the email text be amended so that the 'next refresh' time is removed from it, if the data refresh was disabled?

==============

MyDashboard data refresh disabled

MyDashboard data refresh has been disabled.

Next refresh for MyDashboard is scheduled for September 27, 2019 6:00 UTC.

==============

I find that confusing. When I first read this message, I thought that the data refresh would resume at 6:00 - and wasn't really disabled.

Activity Id: 0ff6675e-9305-4154-8757-d5bdba4fe0bf

RequestID: da5b5e9c-3b88-44a3-a011-50c6a9ab621b

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SN1 ,

It looks like that the refresh of your dataset occor some problem and will retry refresh at next scheduled time you set. Or when your dataset is inactive more than 2 months, scheduled refresh will be paused.

You can find more detail about refresh fail in "Setting" - "Dataset" - "Refresh History".

7.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The refresh was disabled - and I had to manaully enable it in PowerBI.

Can you reword the email notification so it will be clear that refreshing is disabled - and there are no scheduled future refreshes in that case?

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SN1 ,

Based on my research, there are two possible situation:

In this document : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-scheduled-refresh/#schedule-refres...

After two months of inactivity, scheduled refresh on your dataset is paused. A dataset is considered inactive when no user has visited any dashboard or report built on the dataset. At that time, the dataset owner is sent an email indicating the scheduled refresh is paused, and the refresh schedule for the dataset is displayed as disabled. To resume scheduled refresh, simply revisit any dashboard or report built on the dataset.

In this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#configure-scheduled-refresh

Power BI deactivates your refresh schedule after four consecutive failures or when the service detects an unrecoverable error that requires a configuration update, such as invalid or expired credentials.

If you receive this pause email frequently and your gateway works as normal (such as you can refresh manually), ve suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

This does not answer my request. The email said "Next refresh for MyDashboard is scheduled for September 27, 2019 6:00 UTC.".

However, there is no next refresh.

Can you escalate this to the dev team, and ask them to modify the contents of the email notification?

This issue is still not solved. Can the PowerBI team open a bug on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors