Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsolicited, second mail sending after file update

Hi together

I'm facing the following problem:

When a Power BI file is updated in OneDrive, this triggers a new mail send in the Power BI service. How to prevent a second mail send on the same day?

Here are some setting hints:
- The PBI report was initially published in the Power BI service.
- Mail subscription with sending frequency "After data update (once a day)" was set.
- PBI file is linked to OneDrive (New PBI version is uploaded via OneDrive and automatically updated in Power BI Service).

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Only when you refresh it manually for the first time in a day if frequency is set to "After data refresh(Once Daily)".

2. Everyday if frequency is set to "Daily" irrespective of whether you refresh the data or not.

If you select the “After Data Refresh” option will operate the same way it did previously for e-mail subscriptions, meaning it will only send an email after the first data refresh of your dataset each day, just one email .

Please refer to the official document :

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Only when you refresh it manually for the first time in a day if frequency is set to "After data refresh(Once Daily)".

2. Everyday if frequency is set to "Daily" irrespective of whether you refresh the data or not.

If you select the “After Data Refresh” option will operate the same way it did previously for e-mail subscriptions, meaning it will only send an email after the first data refresh of your dataset each day, just one email .

Please refer to the official document :

Subscribe yourself to reports and dashboards - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, when I set the frequency to "After data refresh", does it still mean "after the first data refresh of the day"?  If so, how is "day" defined?  Is it based on UTC?

For example, a message like this is displayed upon selecting that frequency: 

You will be sent an email whenever the data is updated, but no more than once per day starting Satuday, October 14, 2023.

My time zone is Eastern, so my 10pm, for instance, is 2am UTC -- i.e., it's already a new day in the UTC time zone.

Thanks!

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors