Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MatiasVizzari
Helper I
Helper I

Unrecognized data source with dbf database

Good morning everyone, several months ago I started with this project of creating a report with a data source unfortunately already obsolete for me, but it is the one used by the system in the place where I work, I had many inconveniences to be able to do the massive load of all the data from the different databases in DBF, luckily in the last 45 days I was able to make a lot of progress and I was already shaping the report, but now when I want to do the data synchronization test to schedule automatic updates.
I was able to publish the report with the data without problems, I can connect from power bi desktop without problems with the data source in my Power BI panel in the cloud, but when I want to configure the data source with the gateway it tells me the error seen in the image. It doesn't even give me the option to configure and I really don't know what to do, I'm really disoriented about it.
I would appreciate any kind of help and experience working in synchronization with DBF.
From already thank you very much,
Regards.

"You cannot schedule the update for this dataset because the following data sources do not support the update:"

Unrecognized data sourceUnrecognized data source

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MatiasVizzari ,

It seems the issue be caused by unsupported data source, currently Power BI don't support .dbf file. You can check this documentation for Power BI supported data sources. In addition, here is one similar topic shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good day, thanks for the answer, the issue is that in power bi desktop I have it working and updating without problem, the problem is when I upload it to the service in the power bi panel, because it is the only way I can find to update it automatically , since being tables in DBF it is necessary to update it daily so that the data is updated.
unless there is something I don't know could be done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors