Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unpublishing an App

Hi,

I'm working with the newly released App Workspace/App Publishing features.

I would like to question something I find when unpublishing an App. First I'll list my steps to get there.

1) Adam creates an App Workspace name 'AppTest', within Power BI Service.

2) Adam adds sample content to the App Workspace.

3) Adam publishes the App/App Workspace - choosing the Dashboard, Report, and Dataset to be accessed by Eve.

4) Eve logs in to the Power BI Service and can see the 'AppTest' App. Eve can see the Dashboard, Report, and Dataset.

5) Adam logs in to the Power BI Service and unpublishes the 'AppTest' App.

At this point I am expecting Eve to not be able to see the 'AppTest' App any longer.

6) Eve logs in to the Power BI Service and can see the 'AppTest' App, inclusing the Dashboard, Report, and Dataset.

Is this correct functionality?  What does/should unpublishing the App actually result in?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to this article, unpublish an app will remove the app from Microsoft AppSource and make it inaccessible by all end users.

I also verified that the unpublish app feature works all fine for me. After I unpublish the app, it will disappear from all end users' Apps tab on Power BI service.

Before Unpublish APP

apps.PNG

After Unpublish APP

unpublishapp.PNG

And if the end users try to access it from the original app URL, they will get the following error. Smiley Happy

error1.PNG

Regards

After you unpublish the app and then re-publish it, does the original URL still work or does the re-publish create a new URL for the app?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Republishing will create a new URL for the app.

One you unpublish an app and then re-publish it, does the original URL for the app remain the same or change?

Hii @ELigman could you please guide me how to republish the same app as i can't see this option to republish it.
can you please help me out?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors