Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Toast36
Frequent Visitor

Unpublishing an App to a new Workspace

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to unpublish an App into a new workspace to create a copy of the Published reports in a new environment.

The reason for asking is that the original Workspace seems to have been deleted with no way of restoring it and we would like not to need to re-build all of the reports from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Toast36,

Based on my test, I can reproduce your issue here If I delete the related O365 group of the app workspace. So here Please try to restore the Office 365 gourp and try agian. Fro more details, please refer to the blog

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Toast36,

Based on my test, if one app workspace has been deleted, the related app will be missing at the same time. So it is not possbile to meet your requirement. Here you can open the pbix files of the original reports and publish them to a new app workspace one by one.

Regards,

Frank 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-frfei-msft

It may be that we have a different issue then. The workspace that I am referring to can no longer be seen or accessed by anyone that did have access but the App is still available.

Would you have any ideas what may cause such behaviour?

Hi @Toast36,

Based on my test, I can reproduce your issue here If I delete the related O365 group of the app workspace. So here Please try to restore the Office 365 gourp and try agian. Fro more details, please refer to the blog

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Toast36,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors