Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rasmusrock
Helper II
Helper II

Unknown error when refreshing dataset

Hi,

I receive this error message when i try to update a data source for one of my customers? Does anybody know what is wrong?:

The message is in danish, however it translates to:

Something went wrong,

An unknown error has occured. Try Again. If the problem persists, you should contact support [...]. 

"Der gik noget galt.

Der er opstået en ukendt fejl. Prøv igen. Hvis problemet fortsætter, skal du kontakte supporten.
Prøv igen senere, eller kontakt supporten. Hvis du kontakter supporten, skal du angive disse oplysninger.

And then it gives me the following information

Klynge-URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Aktivitets-idce4ff8c5-1523-4f89-a7ff-fa3efbce470b
Anmodnings-id2a4eae3a-c077-4f8b-7eea-32968c57e86a
Tid2016-06-27 13:52:18Z"

Hope somebody can help,

Best regards, Rasmus 

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rasmusrock,

When refreshing dataset, a lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date. In your scenario, please update gateways to the latest version. Also you can use Fiddler or Event Logs to find the detail error message. For more information, please refer to this article: Troubleshooting Power BI Gateway - Personal.

If issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I just updated the gateway, and still the same error shows. I have seen the error from a lot of people now, so is there any update on what is wrong?

For info @Rflad, the data source is a powerpivot datamodel stored in a personal onedrive.

Best regards,

/Rasmus

Hi @Rasmusrock,

For this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help from Microsoft. So that the engineer can provide dedicated support and analyze the issue closely.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rflad
Advocate I
Advocate I

What data source are you connected to? I have a "similar" issue with a SP list :

Error-auto-refresh-SP-Online-lists-Canceled-by-user

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors