Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Red
Frequent Visitor

Understanding schedule refresh error message

Hi. 

First of all, if I'm in the wrong forum please tell me and Ill take my question elsewhere.

I have had a scheduled refresh going 4 times a day, for several month, but between sunday evening and monday morning something went wrong and I have since gotten this error message:

-------

Something went wrong

Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 1410cd4f-7bb6-40c6-80e2-fb85daf7804c
Request ID: 4961c052-3f56-ea35-6009-fae18254f90e
Time: 2021-08-05 19:32:51Z

-------------------

Sunday the refresh took 40 min - 50 min, and monday, I see it trying to load for 2 hours before being cut off.

I have tried quite alot of different solutions these past days, but obviously failed. I wont give up, but I need to know if there is some place I can send this error message to, to get a more complete feedback of what goes wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Red
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply lbendlin.
Since I asked the question I have found where the problem is. Its was a query which seems to be written quite badly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"Before the data import for finished, its data source timed out"

This is what you will want to investigate.  What is the data source?  Why is it slow?  if this is SQL, did you override the CommandTimeout parameter?

Red
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply lbendlin.
Since I asked the question I have found where the problem is. Its was a query which seems to be written quite badly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors