Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scaffnull
Helper I
Helper I

Understand sharing content

Hi,

Been trying to figure out a way to share my Power Bi project the best way. I want to share it within my organization but also share it with people outside of my organization. I signed up for the 60 day free Pro trial, so currently I posses the Pro License. But now come the question, for my people within my organization do they need license or does the free Power Bi works? I find it quite hard to understand the exact requirements.

With that said, when the 60 day trial ends, can I go with the license for $9 or $20 if I'm the only one working with creating reports within my company? 

Appreciate the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Scaffnull 

If you share reports with anyone from a Pro licence, the recipients will need a Pro licence to securely view that Report.

So the other people in your organisation you share with will need a Pro licence too.

I cover licencing in my blog here Power BI Free vs Pro | What's The Difference | Burningsuit which gives more detail

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Scaffnull 

If you share reports with anyone from a Pro licence, the recipients will need a Pro licence to securely view that Report.

So the other people in your organisation you share with will need a Pro licence too.

I cover licencing in my blog here Power BI Free vs Pro | What's The Difference | Burningsuit which gives more detail

Hope this helps

Stuart

@Burningsuit Thank you! I hope in the future there would be a more cost effective solution to have one in your company to run Power Bi and share it with users with no license. Love the product but to pay the premium amount is unfortunately not an option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors